1. The treaty that the Sioux tribe has is with the Federal government
2. The Oil police and the pipeline workers are not on ND land. They are on Army Corp/Sioux land. Neither are allowed on that land. Not even the governor without permission.
3. The oil company needs federal EPA permits to drill under the lake and Missouri river. They don’t have it yet and despite it being illegal, they say they are going to do it anyway.
4. Many of the Oil police are being shipped in from non-local police departments as well as the National Guard. All outsiders from ND affairs.
5. The oil police put razor wire surrounding army corp land where the tribes ancestors are buried. Preventing them from praying on their burial grounds which is guaranteed not only by the treaty, but the 1st Ammendment. Only one of the bill of rights they are violating.
https://www.gofundme.com/standing-rock-journalism-trip Above is the link to our GoFundMe page for a journalism/protest trip to Standing Rock. Details to the upcoming December 4th event include over 2000 veterans marching with Tulsi Gabbard can be found here. Help us to cover this event for our supporters and for those who care about truth in coverage.
If someone writes a story about the ensuing atrocities occurring in North Dakota, it should elicit feelings of revolution in us all. However, this has not been the case as there has been a concerted effort by the government, and their corporate media cohorts, to protect Big Oil interests. These efforts are now manifesting into civil rights violations of Native Americans and their fellow unarmed Water Protectors. Initially there was silence from cable news, despite there being enough noise to make the President feign interest enough to speak on it. Though, he didn’t really say much of anything. There have been several court challenges and requests to do land surveys before proceeding that were mostly denied to seemingly expedite construction. A treaty for these original Americans to have sovereignty over their land has been changed and ignored so often, they have been all but completely marginalized by the US Government.
Boy did they ever miscalculate while making their assessment of the situation. The oil police, and their federal and local government supporters, just had their worst nightmare occur. A 21 year-old white woman from New York City, named Sophia Wilansky, may end up losing her arm from a police percussion grenade.
Get ready to donate to hep the Water Protectors. Be especially ready to put your own body on the line, as this fight will likely not remain contained to the flats, hills and buttes of North Dakota. Be ready for more of this as the new regime takes over.
They will be pumping what seem like willfully ignorant statements like, “AllLivesMatter” while police continue to clash with protesters who have been framed by the media as violent rioting anarchists, while simultaneously ridiculing them as spoiled, whiny liberals without jobs.
Get Ready…The lid is about to blow off.
Sophia Wilansky, 21
“The doctor just said she may need as many as 20 surgeries over very many months to have any hope of saving her arm and her hand,” Wilansky’s father, Wayne Wilansky, told a group of reporters outside a Minneapolis hospital.