1. The treaty that the Sioux tribe has is with the Federal government
2. The Oil police and the pipeline workers are not on ND land. They are on Army Corp/Sioux land. Neither are allowed on that land. Not even the governor without permission.
3. The oil company needs federal EPA permits to drill under the lake and Missouri river. They don’t have it yet and despite it being illegal, they say they are going to do it anyway.
4. Many of the Oil police are being shipped in from non-local police departments as well as the National Guard. All outsiders from ND affairs.
5. The oil police put razor wire surrounding army corp land where the tribes ancestors are buried. Preventing them from praying on their burial grounds which is guaranteed not only by the treaty, but the 1st Ammendment. Only one of the bill of rights they are violating.
Anything we forgot?